Apple, pear and sultana crumble
The humble crumble is a staple in many homes across Britain, Chris shows us how to make a tasty and low-sugar apple, pear and sultana crumble that is sure to be a crowd pleaser.
You can download a highly accessible version of this recipe by clicking the button below.
50g walnuts (optional)
1 tablespoon of runny honey
1/2 tsp ground cinnamon
100g olive-oil based spread
125g plain flour
50g demerara sugar
Knife and chopping board
Pie or hot pot dish
1. Crumble up the butter, flour and sugar together in a bowl.
2. Mix until it's well combined. Put in refrigerator.
3. Chop apples and pears. Add to a bowl with the sultanas.
4. Measure the ground cinnamon, runny honey and water over the top. Mix until well combined.
5. Add to your pie dish.
6. Spoon the topping mixture over your fruit.
7. Put in the oven to cook for 25 minutes.
Add low fat ice cream, low fat custard, low fat Greek yoghurt or low-fat crème fraiche.
This recipe contains approximately 191kcal per 144g serving.
It contains 13% of your daily recommended intake of fat and 2% of your salt.
If you'd like to read more about the nutritional content of this recipe, you can download a full workup here.
This recipe is considered a IDDSI Level 7 Regular Diet consistency because of the crumbly texture.
It is therefore not suitable for someone with swallowing difficulties.