Tips for reducing food waste
No one likes to waste food. In this video, Chris shows you how to reduce food waste by making the most of the leftover vegetables in your fridge.
- Regularly check your refrigerator's temperature to ensure that food stays fresh for as long as possible.
- Make your vegetables last longer by putting them in container in your freezer. You can also freeze dairy products such as milk and butter.
- Vegetables should be stored in breathable reusable storage bags rather than the plastic bags that come with them, as plastic can cause your vegetables to sweat, resulting in sogginess.
- Fresh herbs can be frozen in your ice cube tray with water. Once frozen, remove the cubes from the tray and store in a freezer bag, ready to use and when you need them.
- Don't forget to freeze your leftovers! Make sure you also add a sticker with the date you put it in the freezer. For recommendations on how to chill and freeze your food check the Food Standards Agency website.
You can find out more about how to reduce food waste by looking the BBC Good Food website.